The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a law that was created in the European Union on 25 May 2018 and regulates how companies can use personal information. If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), the GDPR gives you certain rights regarding your personal data.
In addition, a national regulation in Turkey 6698 numbered Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK) within the scope of Turkey Radio and Television Corporation, its subsidiaries and / or affiliates (Fimody) as we would like to enlighten you on how to access your personal data.
Fimody respects your privacy and accepts itself responsible for the protection of your personal information in accordance with KVKK numbered 6698 and other legal regulations.
Fimody adopts your personal or private data as a ‘data controller’ through various products and services to provide a better user experience, including providing personalized content, broadcasting breaking news, live updates and developing stories in parallel on various digital platforms. It can function by adhering to the mission and core values. In the processing of data, necessary security measures are taken for the processing and storage of this data. As a “data controller”, we process your data in the following ways in accordance with KVKK numbered 6698 and the relevant legal legislation.
In accordance with the article titled “Disclosure Obligation of Data Supervisor” in Article 10 of KVKK; It has been prepared to inform you about the identity of the data controller, the method of collecting your personal data and the legal reason, the purpose for which this data will be processed, to whom and for what purpose it can be transferred, the data processing period and what your rights are listed in Article 11 of the KVKK. Explanations within the scope of “Personal Data” in the Clarification Text include your “Special Qualified Personal Data”.
Your personal data may be collected verbally, in writing or electronically, by automatic or non-automatic methods, depending on your relationship with the Institution, through websites belonging to and / or affiliated with the Institution, social media channels, phones, mobile applications and all similar means. Your personal data can be created and updated as long as your relationship with the Authority continues and can be processed and kept in both digital and physical environments.
We collect and store information about you, including:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information that you provide to us, which includes:
- Your name, username, age, gender, e-mail address and telephone number can be collected. This information may be collected in a number of ways, such as by providing us with this information while using our service or participating in surveys or marketing promotions or third party services. In certain countries, official identification number information may be collected by us for purposes such as billing and tax compliance.
Information collected when you want to add content to your list or change your account settings.
- Exactly what personal data is collected depends on the type of Fimody Application you are enrolled in, the way you create an account, and whether you use third-party login services (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google) to register and use Fimody services. If you use a third-party service to create an account, we will collect your personal data through that third-party service only if you have allowed that third-party service to share your data with us.
- Information we collect automatically: Information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertisements, and information about your computers or other devices (smart televisions, mobile devices, set-top modems and other media streaming devices) that you can use to access our service are collected. This information includes:
- Your activity related to Fimody, such as program selections, TV shows you watch, audio / music files you listen to, games you play, content you read or share, search queries (including date and time of your requests), activity history and browsing history.
- Inferences regarding your interests and preferences based on your use of Fimody products and services.
Certain technical data that may include:
- URL information.
- Online identifiers such as cookie data and IP addresses.
Unique device identification numbers (ID), device brand, device model, network connection type (e.g. wireless, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth), network access point name and ssid, service provider, network and device performance, browser type, browser version, Information about the types of devices you use, such as language, information that enables digital rights management, operating system, screen resolution, time zone, and Fimody application version.
- Device attributes (such as device IDs) or other unique identifiers of devices that can connect to the Fimody in your wireless network (e.g. smart speakers, smart TVs, connected devices).
- Device and software features (such as type and configuration), connection information, page view statistics, reference source (for example, reference URLs), browser and standard web server log information.
- In order to comply with the geographic requirements in our license agreements and to provide you with personalized content and advertising, we use certain technical data (e.g. your IP address, the language setting of your device or the currency you use to pay) and the movement generated or direction required to provide you with certain features of the Fimody Service. Your imprecise location information obtained or understood from mobile sensor data (e.g. speedometer or gyroscope) generated.
- We may use third-party mapping applications (such as Google Maps) and / or your device’s location service to verify your address.
- Channel sorting list for smart TVs.
We collect the personal data you provide about you when you fill out any form, respond to a research or survey or participate in a competition.
- In order to provide Fimody Services, content and features, we work with technical service partners that provide certain data, such as matching IP addresses with uncertain location data (e.g. city, state).
- In order to serve ads that are more relevant to you and measure their effectiveness, we may derive certain data about you, such as cookie ID number, mobile device ID number or e-mail address, and inferences from some advertisers and advertising partners about your interests and preferences. Resettable device identifiers (also known as ad identifiers), such as those found on mobile devices, tablets, and media streaming devices that have these identifiers (for more information see the “Cookies and Internet Ads” section below).
- Your interactions with our emails and text messages and the messages we send through instant and online messaging channels.
Your personal data can be processed and transferred in line with the purposes in the second article below and within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law No. 6698.
The Institution collects and processes your Personal Data in order to improve our services, to keep you informed about the development of our services, to improve and promote our services, and to carry out our commercial activities completely and meticulously.
Under the terms and conditions regarding the processing of personal data specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the KVKK, the Authority will process your personal data for these priority goals, including the following purposes. ;
Managing our digital services portfolio,
- To communicate by using all kinds of communication tools within the scope of institution services and developments, service programs and activities,
- Archiving and analyzing our website visitors and users,
- Developing and managing all kinds of digital applications including our social media accounts
- Copying, backing up and archiving in order to prevent data loss,
- To ensure that all rights and responsibilities required and / or required by legal regulations are fulfilled.
- To fulfill the data storage, reporting and information obligations requested from judicial and administrative authorities,
All other purposes specified in the KVKK
- To conduct listing, reporting, verification analysis studies regarding the usage of all products and services offered by Fimody, to produce statistical and scientific information on this issue, to improve our products and services accordingly, to increase the satisfaction of our products and services and to make customizations for the user in this context. ,
- To be able to conduct market research, promotion and necessary information about our Fimody products and services, to evaluate complaints and suggestions, to contact you directly through communication channels shared with the Authority,
- Determination, development and implementation of Fimody’s business strategies and legal compliance processes,
- Planning and management of financing and invoicing of all services offered,
- Training, seminars, etc. Fulfilling participation requests to organizations,
- To make all necessary announcements and notifications in connection with the purpose and mission of the Fimody, and to take all necessary technical and administrative measures for the system and applications within the scope of data security,
- The information on Who and For What Purpose Your Personal Data processed under the institution can be transferred is as follows.
Within the scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No.6698 (“KVKK”) and the relevant legal legislation, limited to the purposes specified within the scope of the Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data described above, and the “General Principles” specified in Article 4 of the KVKK and “Conditions for Processing Personal Data” specified in Article 5. ”And Article 6 of the“ Terms of Processing Special Qualified Personal Data ”, your personal data, when necessary, legally authorized real and / or legal third person institutions and organizations, business partners of affiliated centers and / or units, subcontractors, suppliers, real and / or legal third person institutions and organizations in the country and / or abroad, which contractually receive services or cooperate in any field to carry out their products and services, personal services specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the KVK Law. can be transferred within the framework of data processing terms and purposes.
Information on data processing time is as follows.
Your personal data, limited to the above-mentioned purposes; It will be processed in accordance with the data processing and limitation periods in all laws and other legal regulations to which the Authority is subject. In case of changes in the laws regarding data processing times, the new terms will be taken as basis.
By applying to the Authority within the framework of Article 11 of the Law, without prejudice to the conditions stipulated in Article 28 of KVKK titled “Exceptions”, your personal data;
- Learning whether it has been processed,
- Requesting information on this if it has been processed,
- Learning the purpose of processing and whether it is used for this purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom they are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction if it is incomplete or incorrectly processed,
- To request the deletion or destruction of your personal data within the framework of the conditions stipulated in Article 7 of the Law,
- Request notification of the transactions made pursuant to subparagraphs (e) and (f) to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the emergence of a result against you because it is analyzed exclusively with automated systems,
- To demand the compensation of the damage in case you suffer damage due to unlawful processing,
you have the rights.
Applications can be made in writing or electronically, using the following methods, after being filled out by clicking on the “Data Owner Application Form” on the web address of the Authority.
In case of an electronic request;
You can submit the Data Owner Application Form by sending the Authority to the e-mail address [email protected] or by means of these means if there is a software or application developed by the Authority for the purpose of application.
Your message will be answered within 3 business days at the latest.
If you request any of the rights mentioned above, you can send your application to the address below or to the e-mail address.